Listen To The Podcast Now
Listen on the embedded player above or click here to download the mp3 of this podcast.
ON A MOBILE DEVICE?
Have you ever wondered how to get a FACTOR grant to record your music? Do you know about the funding that’s available for musicians and songwriters through organizations like Canada Council For The Arts, Toronto Arts Council and the various provincial bodies like MusicBC and Manitoba Music?
There are so many grants available to artists and musicians in Canada to help pay for the costly expenses associated with creating hit-quality productions. Hiring a top notch producer is not cheap and most artists could use a bit of help in the money department.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- How hit-songwriter/producer Mark Zubek gets over 90% of his artists grant funding in Canada
- What to do when you get rejected from FACTOR or any other grant funding organization
- The most important sections of your grant application
- How to impress judges that award grants to artists like you
- How to get a FACTOR grant and grants from other Canadian grant funding organizations
Grant Funding Organizations In Canada
- Canada Council For The Arts
- Toronto Arts Council
- MusiCounts (TD Bank)
- Full list of Canadian grant funding organizations
Grant Funding Organizations For Americans
- New Music USA
- List of over 50 grants available to US musicians